Ribbon On Wedding Cake Part 2... Yep, It's Tc Again... Lol

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 7 Mar 2005 , 6:03am by tcturtleshell

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 5:56am
post #1 of 2

Hey there everyone! icon_smile.gif

Got a new question....

I spoke to the mother of the groom today. She is my mom's old friend. She understands about the glitter ribbon because she has been decorating cakes off & on for several years. She just finished taking the 1st wilton course.

Anyway.. we talked about the glitter. We both agreed between the 2 of us we can come up with an alternative. MrsMissey suggested using luster dust. Our ideas were using a white ribbon & using piping gel & adding silver luster dust to it & piping the swirls that the bride wants onto the ribbon. I have never used luster dust so I don't even know what to do w/ it.
1. How do you use it?
2. Can I do it this way?
3. Should I use buttercream icing & add piping gel or can I just use piping gel?
4. Should I use eatable glitter instead of the dust?

I don't have the slightest idea how to get a glitter look w/ out using glitter! Any ideas are welcome!!!! The ribbon the bride wanted was white mesh w/ glitter swirls all over it. If I can come close to that then I know she will be happy. I wish she would just pick out another ribbon... that would be easier.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif ~Tina~

1 reply
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 6:03am
post #2 of 2

Hey everyone!!

Forget about the ribbon... I am going to make the bride & groom sign a release. I have too many cakes to make for different customers before this wedding & I don't have time to do any practicing on a ribbon. So you can take your "thinking caps" off. Thanks anyway~ TC

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%