Fondant/gumpaste Class At Michaels

Decorating By ljdaa Updated 6 Feb 2007 , 1:22pm by LilWaby

ljdaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdaa Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 12

I don't know if I am in the right forum for this, but I am excited that the Michaels in Maryland is offering a 4-week fondant/gumpaste class. I am not a great fan of it, but perhaps the class can help me, if you only knew how many times I tried to make a simple bow. The Michaels is in Columbia Maryland, and I live a little ways from it, but the only one I know of. Does anyone else in the Maryland area know of any stores offering the class?

Thanks

11 replies
CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 12

I believe that Michaels has some sort of exclusive deal with Wilton that they are the only ones that can offer the gumpaste course until June. So I assume after June it will be offered at other hobby stores.

ljdaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdaa Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks CakesbyEllen. I've been to AC Moore and the offer Wilton classes and I was wondering if any other Michaels stores in Maryland is offering the class.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 12

I'm in Washington state and they just started offering it here at Michael's as well. I will be taking it with a friend in March...very excited about it too!!!
icon_wink.gif

LilWaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilWaby Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 12

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited that I read this post! I was looking for some more classes to take in Columbus, Oh and I already took the 3 Wilton courses at Michaels. So I called the Michaels in my area and asked if they were offering the Fondant/Gumpaste class as well and they are! I'm going after work to sign up. icon_biggrin.gif

KristensKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristensKakes Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 12

Nikki,
What store in Columbus are you signed up at? I'm starting it at the Easton Store and I'm so siked. Just finished the 3rd class and can't wait to start. The instructor there is awesome! icon_lol.gif

LilWaby Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 12

Ooh how cool, I'm at the Easton Store to! We'll definetly have to meet!

If it's the instructor, Denise, that I think it is, I had her for my Wilton Courses 1-3 a few years ago. She is great. I really liked her. I'm so excited to start to!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:45pm
post #8 of 12

Hobby Lobby will offer the classes in May. Michaels get it first then the other stores will follow.

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:48pm
post #9 of 12

Michaels gets to offer the new class first. Other stores will start the classes in May.

KristensKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristensKakes Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:03pm
post #10 of 12

Nikki,
I'll see you on Wednesday then - I'm really excited too!

Kristen

vicki0052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki0052 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:00pm
post #11 of 12

Hi: I live in Columbus, Ohio and I also am signed up for the Fondant and Gumpaste classes at Easton on 2/7/07. My name is also Denise but I go by Vicki0052. Hope to see both of you at the class that live in Columbus, Ohio. See you there. Vicki0052

LilWaby Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 1:22pm
post #12 of 12

Hi Vicki0052!

See ya in class! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%