Storage Container Recommendations?

Baking By jess605 Updated 10 Jan 2017 , 5:54pm by siftandwhisk

jess605 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jess605 Posted 10 Jan 2017 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 3

We're moving to a new house in two weeks and I am using this as an opportunity to upgrade my food storage containers.   I am a home baker and don't buy in bulk.  Just looking for something to keep flour, sugars, etc bug free and fresh and to keep my cabinets organized.  There are so many different options on the market - do any of you have any you love that you can recommend?  Thanks!!

2 replies
bobtheman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobtheman Posted 10 Jan 2017 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 3

I love, and will not use any 'food' storage containers that are not glass. I have both the pyrex sets and rubbermaid. They are both great. But these are more for leftovers.

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Storage-Container-22-piece-1865887/dp/B00U1CANAY/ref=sr_1_7?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1484062349&sr=1-7&keywords=glass+food+storage

For flours, sugars, etc -- you cant go wrong with bormioli.

siftandwhisk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siftandwhisk Posted 10 Jan 2017 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 3

I use a lot of cambro.  I purchase them at stores like Smart and Final, Cash and Carry, restaurant supply stores, or buy online.  I use cambro containers for storage, food prep, and yeast dough rising and fermenting.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/cambro-4sfscw135-4-qt-clear-square-polycarbonate-food-storage-container-with-winter-rose-gradations/2144SFSCW.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CJnXmuiOuNECFYRofgod2f4MmA

For my flours and granulated sugars, I like OXO POP canisters; they are air tight, easy to open/close, wide opening makes it easy scoop product out.  They are a bit pricy, but I've had some for 15 -plus years.

I prefer the clear hard polycarbonate because it doesn't absorb odors--not to mention you can see what's inside:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%