"follow User" Feature

Lounge By kstevens Updated 11 Jan 2017 , 12:45am by kstevens

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 8 Jan 2017 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 5

I was very happy with the upgrades to the site and the new "Follow User" feature as that is something I wish the site had when I first joined. Curious as to what everyone else thinks.  Are you following people now? Do you like the feature?  I ask because as much as I like it, I don't like it.  Here is why:

Pros - If I get busy and am away from the site for a bit, I no longer miss seeing cakes that were posted in that time by users I was trying to follow before it was actually a feature.  I don't miss catching forum posts like FNCC that I regularly participate in.

Cons - Being notified every time someone you follow makes a comment.  If it's a forum post I am following, that is great but I don't like being notified every time a user I follow comments on cake.  It is a crazy number of notifications a day to both my email and on the site.  Does this annoy anyone else or is it just me?

4 replies
virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 8 Jan 2017 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 5

agreed! the alert overload is annoying!

virago Posted 8 Jan 2017 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 5

btw - love your gallery!

virago Posted 10 Jan 2017 , 1:14am
post #4 of 5

I'm sorry @kstevens ‍ but I'm going to have to stop following you...

I'm now getting alerts every time ANYONE posts to your latest FNCC conversation, https://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/833548/friday-night-cake-club-010717/#post_7672609

I'm not following this conversation, but  I'm guessing that because I'm following you, and you 'started' the conversation that I've somehow been linked to it...???

900_follow-user-feature_8434335874355f61013.jpg

fyi @Jackie ‍ something is amiss.

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 11 Jan 2017 , 12:45am
post #5 of 5

@virago ‍ I understand.  Your reason to stop following me is exactly why I started this thread.  The alerts quickly become exhausting!!

@Jackie ‍ can something please be done about the alerts?  By following someone I don't need to know every time they make a comment on a cake or take part in a forum I'm not following.  I think others may feel the same way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%