Anyone Make A 3D Emoji Cake With Arms/legs??

Decorating By dailey Updated 29 Dec 2016 , 4:26pm by dailey

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 24 Dec 2016 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 5

i plan on making 35 mini 3D (standing) emoji cakes with arms and leg. I've googled it but either no one has done one..or I am not searching correctly!! If anyone of you have done them or have pics of someone else's work, I would love to see it!!

4 replies
inezc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inezc Posted 28 Dec 2016 , 4:18am
post #2 of 5

Hi dailey, I have not tried the exact one, but you have nice idea.. Try searching more specifically. :) Don't forget to add pics. :) 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 29 Dec 2016 , 7:28am
post #3 of 5

35 minis w/arms and legs?!? Wow, I seriously need to see those when they're done! I have no advice, I'm just glad it's not me doing them. Godspeed @dailey ‍!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Dec 2016 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 5

no i haven't -- "but i stayed in a holiday inn last night"*

and also just watched the emoji movie trailer so my idea would be to use dowel or bamboo skewers -- could use skewers inside bend-y skinny straws for elbows and if you need bent knees -- that way you can plant the ends of the skewers/legs into foam for delivering -- so they will stand up -- 

cover with whatever will stick or just use straws as is -- if you can find/match the right color -- color the wooden dowel to match

*a quote from a silly commercial in the u.s. 

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 29 Dec 2016 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the replies! I will definitely post pics when they are done!  I have a pretty good idea on how I will construct them but would have liked to seen some pics of any that had been previously done. I did find a tutorial for an emoji cake with arms and legs (it was super cute!) but for some reason, it was removed from the internet and I can no longer find i??  Wish me luck, lol!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%