My Birthday...

Lounge By kas2105 Updated 7 Dec 2016 , 3:44am by Emerogork

kas2105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kas2105 Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 9

Yesterday was my birthday and I wonder if what happens to me happens to you guys - I never get a birthday cake because nobody thinks they can make one like mine. I can only remember getting two in the last 20 years or so - one time my youngest son's girlfriend said, "what? You didn't get your mom a cake?" and she went to the store and bought one. And two years ago my middle kid made one. Last night, my youngest came home with a couple donuts from the gas station and told me to stick a candle in one and make a wish. Does your family think they can't make you a cake because they can't make one as good as yours?

8 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 9

Yes, but I never ask for cake. I ask for specific pastries. If you want cake you need to let them know. My family would think they were insulting me to buy a cake from the grocery store. If you want them to think of it on their own it may not happen and you'll be disappointed. It's better to just let them know exactly what you want.

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 9

We buy my birthday cakes from the bakery :) The same goes for my husband's birthday or my mom and in-laws. Only my kids get custom made birthday cakes from me :) hahaha ...

Anet. Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anet. Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 9

Yesterday  Was my birthday too

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 9

I actually make my own birthday cake... or cupcakes... or this coming birthday I am making whoopie pies... 

I make my own every year... everyone knows it... This way I get the dessert I want for my birthday... One year it was chocolate mousse even...

It is what you make of it... If you don't speak up, you won't get what you want... other people aren't mind readers...

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Dec 2016 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 9

I can't remember the last time I got a cake for my b'day :(   It's been over 25-30 yrs.   Of course my family never thinks of giving me a cake but then there is now just 2 daughters in my life - and 1 of them I only have contact with about every 6 months :(

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 12:45am
post #7 of 9

My hubby always makes me a cake. It is always the 'Simplicity Chocolate Cake' from the PMWU cookbook, which tastes like rubber lol.

Luckily I am a 'it's the thought that counts' type of person and always enjoy it's rubbery goodness just because my hubby made it :-)

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 1:13am
post #8 of 9

I am going to make a birthday cake for my self this March. I have never made one for myself before but this year I am going to. Only one time do I remember one person giving me a birthday cake made in a bakery. It was obviously old and they must have gotten a discount because it was stale and the icing was terrible. I tried to give the rest away to the kids in neighborhood but even they would not eat it.

I normally love cakes with bakery icing but this cake was just no good!! I did not complain however to the people who gave it to me because I did not want to hurt their feelings and after all it is the thought that counted!!!

Emerogork Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emerogork Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 3:44am
post #9 of 9

November 27 and on various years it is on Thanksgiving day.
The family tradition is Italian Rum Cake and i don't; even try to make them so there is  no problem...

(:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%