Whipped Cream And Strawberries Filling Issue

Baking By Cookie269 Updated 21 Nov 2016 , 8:54pm by Cookie269

Cookie269 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie269 Posted 21 Nov 2016 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 2

I'm a small cottage/home baker. My customer wants the cake on Friday (25th) by noon. Two tier cake covered with ganache and then fondant. She wants whipped cream with strawberries filling in both of them. And Thursday is the Godforsaken thanksgiving and I'm suppose to be making a freakin' feast for my friends and family (I know I know I'm an idiot, I already got a lecture from my husband).

now, can I fill my cakes with whipped cream and strawberries on Wednesday? That means I can ganache them too on the same day. I can put them in the fridge and then cover them with fondant Friday morning. Will the strawberries start going bad? Or should I be filling (torting) and covering with ganache on Thursday? Filling isn't a problem. Applying ganache and leveling them takes a me a long time. 

1 reply
Cookie269 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie269 Posted 21 Nov 2016 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 2

Also I'm a little hesitant about the whipped cream part. Will it fall flat by Friday afternoon? I usually use buttercream or ganache for filling but my customer insisted upon using whipped cream. So it's going to be fine from Wednesday through Friday? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%