Preschooler Johnny Cash Party

Decorating By lexissweettooth Updated 19 Nov 2016 , 12:11pm by Bodes

lexissweettooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexissweettooth Posted 18 Nov 2016 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 2

So I'm thinking about making a Johnny Cash party (and cake of course) for a Preschooler.  Their favorite song is Johnny Cash.  This kid has even pretended that Johnny Cash lives down the road from us and even pretends to be Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash's friend. :)  Any ideas for me are greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

FYI I have a tendency to strive for decorating a cake with only edible things.  I mostly just work with buttercream frosting, but have worked some with royal icing and chocolate (flat surface on wax paper).  There are relatives who can draw/paint real good so if I decided to go the inedible decorations route, I could call on them for a little help, like with this one for an example http://www.cakechooser.com/1000/johnny-cash-eating-cake/CANC5icC5ibG9nc3BvdC5jb20vLTk0THdnS216QVRBL1RoWk11MEhtRmlJL0FBQUFBQUFBQnpVL3U3REt3M05PU1RVL3MxNjAwL0pvaG5ueUNhc2gtRnJvbnQuanBn/

1 reply
Bodes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bodes Posted 19 Nov 2016 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 2

For something very specific, I've heard of others printing out an image that they want on the cake. Put it underneath wax or parchment paper, then trace it out with tempered chocolate or even royal icing. It should harder and be able to be placed on the cake. I would recommend making most things edible for a preschool party, and would probably avoid fondant since kids don't tend to like it and wouldn't assume to pull it off in order to avoid it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%