Rolkem Gold

Decorating By shellbell181 Updated 16 Nov 2016 , 6:07am by maybenot

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 14 Nov 2016 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 8

Hey everyone I wondered if anyone could help me!!! In a few weeks I'll be making a handbag cake and need a gold dust for it!! Was planning on getting rolkem super gold cause I've heard it's really good but now I see rolkem do a special gold!! Now I don't know which one to choose!! Has anyone used both and which ones ur favourite thanx!!

7 replies
cakesbyvivienne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyvivienne Posted 14 Nov 2016 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 8

Hi shellbell181

I have used a number of gold over the past few months and by far prefer the Rolkem Super Gold dust - it is a more natural gold colour and I have found the other ones are more yellow or orange. The new special gold by Rolkem is also more yellow than gold.

If you time take a look at the photos on my page - I did a gold bow cake on the weekend this was done with the super gold. There is also a black and gold 3 tier cake on there - this was done with the special gold and you can see it is a more orange yellow than a pure gold.

Hope this helps

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 14 Nov 2016 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 8

@cakesbyvivienne ‍ Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I just jumped over to your gallery and that gold looks great!  Adding it to the next order I place.

shellbell181 Posted 15 Nov 2016 , 2:02am
post #4 of 8

cakesbyvivienne thank you so so SO much!!!! I shall be sticking to the super gold!! Thanx again xx

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 15 Nov 2016 , 2:21am
post #5 of 8

If you're in the US, Rolkem metallics are NOT considered edible and are not for use on things that will be eaten.  They'd be okay for decorations that will be removed, like clasp or chain.

shellbell181 Posted 15 Nov 2016 , 4:25am
post #6 of 8

Thanx for that I am in the uk and it will just be for the buckles, clasps etc thanx again!!

cakesbyvivienne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyvivienne Posted 15 Nov 2016 , 5:02am
post #7 of 8

In Australia the Rolkem Super Gold Dust is a non toxic, approved food colouring, edible dusting powder - so no issue with using on cakes

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 16 Nov 2016 , 6:07am
post #8 of 8

Yes, that's why I specified location.  Every country has different regulations and what is permitted directly on food varies greatly.  Some US products are not approved in the UK, EU, or AUS.  In the US, the real metals used in the Rolkem metallics are not approved food additives and in some of their other dusts, other banned additives are used.

It's important to know what is permitted by the food safety agency in your country and often wisest to purchase products made in your country, so as to avoid any issues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%