Raspberry Ganache

Baking By smile22 Updated 4 Nov 2016 , 5:00am by me_me1

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 3 Nov 2016 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone have any suggestions for making a raspberry ganache did you use like raspberry jam and cook it into a syrup or get some raspberry syrup they use in coffee 

4 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 4 Nov 2016 , 1:24am
post #2 of 5

Some people use extracts and oils, if it was a spice you'd want to infuse it into your cream (like basil or even tea blends, etc). I've heard of adding jams but personally never tried so I can't speak to that.

I think you would replace some of the liquid with your ingredient, like wine for example, but you must consider the fat when doing that, I really shouldn't speak to that because I don't know for sure, but I do know a bit about science

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 4 Nov 2016 , 1:30am
post #3 of 5

I am making a beer cupcake and it has chocolate and expresso notes I was thinking a raspberry ganache one recipe said to get seedless jam and add it in with some butter  doing a test run this weekend have no clue where I would even find a raspberry extract maybe michaels but then those are immitaiton and I need a real one

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 4 Nov 2016 , 2:04am
post #4 of 5

Weird it cut off half my comment ! I would use freeze dried fruit, and  grind it into a powder or you can buy powders already. I use them in Macarons as well because they don't add moisture and they have no added sugar or preservatives as aposed to dried fruit. 

Bailys ganache would be good to

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 4 Nov 2016 , 5:00am
post #5 of 5

The LorAnn raspberry oil is delicious - I use that for my raspberry ganache and then add in a layer of lovely fresh raspberries to cut through the sweet richness of the ganache.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%