Pillsbury Purely Simple

Baking By katie11 Updated 28 Oct 2016 , 8:16am by -K8memphis

katie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katie11 Posted 27 Oct 2016 , 12:35am
post #1 of 4

Has anyone tried using the Pillsbury Purely Simple white cake box mix in a doctored recipe?   I'm thinking about using it for the Durable 3D cake, but I'm anxious.  Please share any experience you have with this brand.  Thanks!

Katie

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Oct 2016 , 1:27am
post #2 of 4

under the banner of  'share any experience with this brand' -- I made cupcakes with the chocolate flavor -- it's a 'hungry girl' (cookbook) recipe where you add only a can of pumpkin puree -- and I toss in 5 -10 ounces of bittersweet choco chips -- they come out to only 256 calories per brownie muffin thing w/the 10 ounces of choco --

so my husband loves these things and he saw no differences -- they rose as usual and a girl at work took the recipe so the chocolate flavor is a win win for this application -- and I enjoyed being able to say, no preservatives, no artificial blabla whatever it says on the box

before baking i sprinkle the tops w/cinnamon sugar and as soon as they come out they get a sprinkle of vanilla powder -- fwiw -- oh and 400 degrees for 20 minutes -- they're perfect -- it's not at all like a fairly good for you treat -- it's a wonderful luscious refreshing chocolate blast --

so please update on your experience when you can

best to you

katie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katie11 Posted 28 Oct 2016 , 4:34am
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much!  I'm definitely going to try your recipe!

I'll let you know how my doctored Purely Simple white cake comes out.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Oct 2016 , 8:16am
post #4 of 4

thumbsup.png cool

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%