Edible Printer And Cameo

Baking By Crkwilliams1988 Updated 8 Nov 2016 , 3:44am by icingimages

Crkwilliams1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crkwilliams1988 Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 2

Is the Cameo 3 just a cutter or is it a printer as well. Do I need to purchase an edible printer with the cameo 3 . Any information will be greatly appreciated thank you.

1 reply
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 8 Nov 2016 , 3:44am
post #2 of 2

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding.  The Cameo 3 is just a cutter.  To best explain it, the software from the Cameo is the brain that controls both the edible printer and Cameo when you are doing a print and cut.  The software tells the printer where to print the picture, it then adds registration marks so once it is printed, the Software will tell the Cameo to find the registration marks so it knows exactly where to cut what was printed.  You do not need to have a printer with the Cameo, but it allows you to use the Cameo to take advantage of its capabilities.  Icing Images does sell colored paper so that you can cut out colorful shapes without the printer, but again, you are not taking full advantage of the capabilities.  Icing Images currently is running a sale on the printers and the cutters and I will tell you the Mike Terry special is an amazing deal.  You can't purchase the items separately for less plus it comes with the Icing Images manual that is a "how to" and cannot be purchased separately.  There are other exclusive items included in that kit.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%