When Should I Put Fondant Discs On Buttercream Topped Cupcakes?

Decorating By kyliecake Updated 6 Aug 2016 , 11:54pm by -K8memphis

kyliecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliecake Posted 5 Aug 2016 , 11:52am
post #1 of 4

Hi Cakey friends,

quick question - when should i place my already dried (5 days) fondant discs onto piped buttercream cupcakes? The discs will be laying flat on the buttercream (made of butter, icing sugar and vanilla). I will be baking them Saturday night for an early morning Sunday pickup. Do you think that they will be ok if i pipe the buttercream and place the discs on Saturday night, or do you think that they may droop a bit and better off getting up extra early Sunday morning to do it? They are for a baby shower Sunday lunchtime.

thankyou in advance.

3 replies
sweettoothAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothAZ Posted 5 Aug 2016 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 4

All butter buttercream tends to soften fondant over night. I would wait until morning to be safe. You may want to put one in the fridge as a 'test'. If you do put them on ahead of time it is best not to seal the container all the way.

kyliecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliecake Posted 6 Aug 2016 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 4

well life gives you no choice sometimes. I had to ice and put the discs on Saturday night just in case i couldn't do them in the morning after all. We got a phone call from my mother in law yesterday (Saturday) morning to take her to hospital because of severe stomach cramps (my mother in law is 69 and has never been to hospital other than to give birth to 3 sons) so i knew she was in trouble. They Ct scanned her at lunchtime, and told my husband mid afternoon that she had a tumor on her large and small intestine. She had surgery last night and they removed a cancer from the instestines and bowel. Hubby went back this morning and saw Dr. Recovery in hospital for at least another week then we find out what treatment she needs.

I felt i better have the cupcakes all ready just in case everything went pear shaped last night. Luckily it didn't and the cupcakes were just picked up. Client loves them and the discs are still stable. Now off to my son's footy game and then the hospital.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Aug 2016 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 4

well i hope they got it all and she's gonna be ok 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%