Cake Recipe

Baking By 1968mkm Updated 1 Jul 2016 , 6:29am by julia1812

1968mkm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1968mkm Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 5

I need a delicious  strawberry champaign cupcake recipe, for a wedding.  I've seen quite a few but don't know what's really tasty! Thank you!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 5

Use your perfect strawberry recipe but replace the water used with champagne.  I always used Cold Duck (It's a wine/champagne type liquor) 

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 1:37am
post #3 of 5

@kakeladi -- can you really taste any difference when you substitute the water with champagne? 

@1968mkm  I'm a huge fan of doctored cake mixes for my hobby cake projects.  Everyone loves the taste and the results are consistent.   However, the few times I've made strawberry cake, it has been very 'crumby' and 'wet' which is more suitable for dessert cakes than a wedding cake that requires stability.  You may wish to try straight Duncan Hines Strawberry Mix and substitute the champagne for the water and see what you get!

https://www.duncanhines.com/products/cakes/signature-strawberry-supreme-cake-mix/

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 5:34am
post #4 of 5

You know, I don't drink so I have never tasted the 1/2 dz or so I have made over the past 30-something yrs I've been baking.  But I have never had any complaints.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 6:29am
post #5 of 5

You can't really taste it a lot I find that's why I brush my cake layers/cupcakes with the alcohol I use in the recipe once they are baked. Gives them a bit of moisture and the flavour is much stronger.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%