Melted Buttercream

Decorating By ombaker Updated 20 Jun 2016 , 12:59am by ElizabethsCakeCreations

ombaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ombaker Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 4

I read a post where the poster said she melted her buttercream and poured it over her cake. She said she would post a picture. Now I can't find the post. Is this a thing? Where can I find out more info about it?



3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 4

I've done that a time or two.  It's sometimes called poured fondant.  It's used when you want dribbles down the side of a cake.

Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 4

Erica Obrien has done this.

This "drip" was made with melted buttercream instead of ganache or chocolate.:

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 20 Jun 2016 , 12:59am
post #4 of 4

That looks yummy! I personally would rather eat a cake like that then a decorated and one

Quote by @%username% on %date%