Isomalt

Sugar Work By jgvcakes Updated 26 May 2016 , 6:18pm by -K8memphis

jgvcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgvcakes Posted 26 May 2016 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 2

Hi!

This is my 2nd time working with Isomalt. I'm making beer bottles, I bought the bottle silicone mold to make some Dos X beer bottles. I also need to make a Hennessy bottle, but that bottle has a different neck. Is it possible to make the bottle in the mold and once it's dry can it be modified? 

Last time I made tiny beer bottles out of a champagne bottle mold, and was able to "modify" it with an exacto knife. 

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 May 2016 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 2

you make it sound like you can -- then you can smooth things over with a torch if necessary -- or you can torch it into kingdom come too but if you've done it before -- why not -- 

sometimes i put the hot stuff in a double parchment bag and wear hot mitts and pipe with it so there's that too --

and by parchment bag i mean paper parchment bag that you fold up yourself (but not wilton's) -- i once was interviewed by the owner's daughter and she said they used parchment and i was surprised because she was very young and parchment use is rather vintage not completely but i was surprised -- so i asked for some and she pointed to the plastic ready made cones and... funny thing i didn't get that decorating gig -- hahahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%