Cookie Help

Baking By Nat1980 Updated 21 May 2016 , 10:56am by mohinirsingh

Nat1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nat1980 Posted 17 May 2016 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 9

Hi, 

I need help on baking cookies. They always seem to be kinda flat and the first batch comes out ok, but the rest after that fall flat and are darker. It says 375 on the package so I turn it on 350 since my oven seems to bake a little hotter. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

8 replies
Nat1980 Posted 17 May 2016 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 9

They're also too fluffy if that makes sense. They're sort of flat but fluffy. its a weird texture. I put the correct amount of ingredients . Am I over-mixing?

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 18 May 2016 , 12:45am
post #4 of 9

Quote by @Nat1980 on 5 hours ago

They're also too fluffy if that makes sense. They're sort of flat but fluffy. its a weird texture. I put the correct amount of ingredients . Am I over-mixing?

I don't understand "flat but fluffy"...  Are these a box mix? Try the No fail sugar cookie recipe MBalaska linked. They always come out great.

Nat1980 Posted 18 May 2016 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 9

It was some homemade chocolate chip cookies I baked. They're real "airy" and fluffy tasting. I'm not sure if I over-mix them or what? They taste ok, but I don't like the texture really. I'm not sure what's causing this but it seems to happen every time. 

Pastrybaglady Posted 18 May 2016 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 9

Oh, chocolate chip cookies! First question is are you using real butter or margarine? Unless you have an allergy do not taint your cookies with margarine! If you are using butter then yes, you are over creaming the butter and sugar or it could be a bad recipe. Shoot for creamy rather than fluffy and when you add the dry ingredients mix until the dough is uniform and then stop! Cover the dough and let it rest in the fridge overnight and then bake the next day. I pre-scoop, cover with plastic wrap and bake off a pan the next day and put the rest of the dough balls in a plastic container or ziplock and freeze them so I can have fresh baked cookies whenever I want!

Nat1980 Posted 18 May 2016 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 9

Yep, I'm using the cheap margarine. :( ...  Thank you so much for the tips! I like the idea of refrigerating the dough overnight. It seemed like my dough was a little too softy/gooey also so I'll try that. 

Pastrybaglady Posted 18 May 2016 , 4:03pm
post #8 of 9

Ah, mystery solved!

mohinirsingh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohinirsingh Posted 21 May 2016 , 10:56am
post #9 of 9

Hi,

I would like to share Chocolate Chip cookies, I had tried it at home it was very delicious in taste. You guys should definitely try. I got inspiration of baking from one of the brand Bakerstreet.in we use for our bakery products, they supply yummy cookies so thought i should try at home.

Recipe:

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup white sugar   

1 cup packed brown Sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking Soda

2 teaspoon hot water

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped Walnuts

Direction: -

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%