Bulk Supplies

Business By mechirenee Updated 9 May 2016 , 11:32am by costumeczar

mechirenee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mechirenee Posted 7 May 2016 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 8

I am looking to find a local bulk supplier for my bakery any suggestions? I am new to this as a business. I have been baking for friends and family and the net keeps expanding. My products are gluten free, wheat free, and vegan. Any help is appreciated. 

7 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 8 May 2016 , 8:27am
post #2 of 8

Where are you? you need to specify an area so people can offer suggestions.

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 8 May 2016 , 8:32am
post #3 of 8

Where are you? If you specify an area people can offer suggestions.

mechirenee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mechirenee Posted 8 May 2016 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 8

Sorry lol. I am in Dallas Texas (Kessler Park).

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 May 2016 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 8

It will depend what you think of as "bulk." There are wholesalers like PFG that have supply depots in different places so you can look into that, or get specialty supplies from companies online. It depends what you're looking for.

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 8 May 2016 , 11:32pm
post #6 of 8

Webstaurantstore is a good source, also Papermart.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 9 May 2016 , 12:24am
post #7 of 8

First, I'd check all the possible LOCAL specialty cake stores, and restaurant supply companies, baking supply companies that are located within a reasonable distance of your location.  (Do a google search using keywords.)  Then, call each one and ask pricing on quantities of 100, 500, or 1000.  Keep a record of your prices.  Ask each supplier if they would consider offering bulk discounts.  IF you have access to a wholesale buyers license/number, have that handy when making your calls.  If you do not have a wholesale license/number, ask if the company will sell quantity products at wholesale pricing to you, a retail customer.

After you've gathered all the Dallas info, THEN go online to papermart . com, uline . com, webrestaurant . com and cake speciality stores and see what their bulk pricing is including tax and shipping. 

You may find that it is same or cheaper pricing to obtain locally and skip the shipping.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 May 2016 , 11:32am
post #8 of 8

God point @Apti ‍ about comparing costs...I found that my local PFG supplier ended up being more expensive than just going to Walmart because they only offered one brand of a lot of the things I needed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%