Got A Problem And I Know You Can Help!

Decorating By sweetneice Updated 6 May 2016 , 8:59pm by remnant3333

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 6 May 2016 , 3:12am
post #1 of 5

Hey guys!

So I made this chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. The problem is I have NO more room in my fridge. It's iced in buttercream and the mousse is made with dreamwhip and instant pudding mix . Is it ok to leave on the counter? It's pretty cool in here. I just don't want anything bad to happen. It's a 1/4 sheet cake. I know you professionals awesome decorators can give advice. I just wondered since it's cool in here and sealed in buttercream icing if it would be ok. Please help, I have to deliver tomorrow afternoon. TIA

4 replies
cakingandbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakingandbaking Posted 6 May 2016 , 3:38am
post #2 of 5

Try everything you can before resorting to not refrigerating, but if you have no other option at all (like you can't put anything from your fridge into the freezer), I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've accidentally left buttercream out overnight and it was just fine (it was for my family, not clients!). I mean, obviously it's not ideal to leave the cake at room temp and it's best to refrigerate, especially because you want everything chilled and solid so that there's no risk of anything going wrong when you transport the cake; but if you have no other possible option, it should be okay.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 6 May 2016 , 5:34am
post #3 of 5

Thank you cakingandbaking! Problem was averted when I took some things out and rearranged a bit more, THANKFULLY! Took alot of maneuvering, but it's in there! LOL!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 May 2016 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 5

i'm glad you got that worked out because we run the risk of making people sick otherwise and of course no one wants that -- which is why you asked of course -- i've gone in my fridge and literally tossed things out to make room for cakes -- but in my case it was as much to protect them from little fingers as it was to preserve the food safety -- hahahaha

bravo to you ! clap.png

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 6 May 2016 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 5

If you ever have that problem again take a cooler with some ice in it and take stuff out of refrigerator and put in cooler overnight to make room  in refrigerator. Just a thought when you are in a jam!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%