Decorating By yjflores1 Updated 2 May 2016 , 8:23am by cakebaby2

yjflores1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yjflores1 Posted 1 May 2016 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 12

11 replies
yjflores1 Posted 1 May 2016 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 12

[postimage id="3756" thumb="900"]Hey guys I made a Minnie mouse cake for someone today and when I delivered it she didn't look so happy although she told me she loved it... How to you approach a customer when this happenes ? Also, when I was driving it shifted a little not to bad but it didn't look as good as when I first made it I'm a little down because I didn't get the reaction I expected to get I thought it was cute:( any thoughts on this?? I charged her 100 for this cake ...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 May 2016 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 12

it's adorable -- shoulda charged more but the whole copyright issue needs to be addressed/avoided too --

it might be because of the shift that she was not ebullient -- sorry it shifted --

my modus operandi is that no news is good news so i would not 'approach' it -- i mean she got her discount on the front end because you undercharged -- if she calls offer her a 10% refund -- ten bucks but that's it -- no groveling no effusive apologizing -- no future discounts -- i mean unless it kept shifting and more damage occured -- i'm taking your word that the shift was not bad -- what parts shifted?

best to you

-K8memphis Posted 1 May 2016 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 12

plus she mighta just been stressed about the party or her kid mighta been sick or who knows kwim

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 1 May 2016 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 12

She should thank her lucky stars she got a cake like that for a $100. You undercharged. IMHO

carolinecakes Posted 1 May 2016 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 12

Forgot to say you did a nice job on that cake.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 May 2016 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 12

Sometimes people don't fall over and have a fit but they still like the cake. I wouldn't worry about it. 

WeirdGirlBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeirdGirlBakes Posted 1 May 2016 , 11:36pm
post #8 of 12

It's a beautiful cake! You definitely undercharged. Maybe she was happy with it. I think if she wasn't she would have told you in hopes you would knock something off the price. Like said above, no news is good news!

yjflores1 Posted 2 May 2016 , 2:06am
post #9 of 12

The bottom tier shifted ! The cake was leaning forward a little . Auhhh I'm going to send her a message tomorrow and see how everything went. The cake was for 34-45 serving. How much should I have charged her? 

carolinecakes Posted 2 May 2016 , 2:43am
post #10 of 12

The folks on here have years of experience in this business take their advice. As a hobbyist, I can tell you we judge our work the harshest. That is to say, we see all the flaws, tiniest mistakes that "cake muggles" never notice. Do you really want to open Pandora's box?

As to pricing, I'll leave that to the experts. There are tons of threads on CC, regarding the complexities of pricing your product.

-K8memphis Posted 2 May 2016 , 3:32am
post #11 of 12

i think that $3.50 per serving is about the lowest bare minimum respectable price point for fondant cake -- then there's the mouse ears that like i said fall under copyright issues but if they didn't things like that wold be an upcharge -- and Disney is aggressive about their copyrights --

it's your decision to charge what you want though --

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 2 May 2016 , 8:23am
post #12 of 12

Quote by @yjflores1 on 6 hours ago

The bottom tier shifted ! The cake was leaning forward a little . Auhhh I'm going to send her a message tomorrow and see how everything went. The cake was for 34-45 serving. How much should I have charged her? 

Why on earth would you send her a message? She got a cake paid for ti served it and ate it (no matter it was a cheap cake)

Do you think the venue staff or the guys who supplied the paper plates and cups will be bothering her and sending messages?

The transaction is ,cake bought and paid for. She'll know you are fishing for compliments or feedback if you keep pestering her. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%