Edible Printers

Decorating By roadtrip225 Updated 8 Nov 2016 , 3:16am by icingimages

roadtrip225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roadtrip225 Posted 26 Apr 2016 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 5

I am looking to purchase an edible printer and found a bundle on Amazon for the Canon MG5520.  Does anyone have experience with this printer and if so, what is your feedback?  If not but you use an edible printer, what type do you have and what is your feedback on that printer?

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Apr 2016 , 2:19am
post #2 of 5

I have that one and I like it just fine It seems to have the normal edible-ink issues, but nothing unusual and nothing that I haven't been able to fix, other than a printer head that just wore out from overuse!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 Jun 2016 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 5

The ink is just as important as the printer.  The Canon printer line is an excellent choice because of the removable printhead.  THis allows you to clean it should you have problems.  But the ink, that is what controls how good or bad your printer is.  If you have a subpar ink and it clogs and you cant get the clog out, you are in a bit of trouble.  The Icing Images edible ink is a refined ink that offers beautiful prints with very few clogs.  You will love the quality of it.  The paper is also an important factor and the Icing Images Premium Icing Sheets not only taste great with no after taste, but they offer an easy peel backing reducing your frustrations when your icing sheet wont come off the backing, or worse yet, comes off prematurely!  

edl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edl Posted 1 Nov 2016 , 1:15pm
post #4 of 5

hello, I'm from the uk... and I'm new to the game. I've been reading your post on a really good edible printer and inks... but it seems to me that i can only get them from your website. Do you know what i could get from here (london). Thank you in advance.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 8 Nov 2016 , 3:16am
post #5 of 5

The Cake Decorating Company does sell some of our products, but not the printers/ink/paper.  You could order directly from us as we ship everywhere.  You can email [email protected] for direct assistance. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%