Rkt Make-Ahead. Let's Try It Again, With More Coffee, Shall We... Lol

Decorating By LelekBolek Updated 26 Apr 2016 , 7:06pm by -K8memphis

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 26 Apr 2016 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 2

@-K8memphis ‍ No, it was totally my brainfart. Sorry for confusion. I did mean rice krispie treats  .Need more coffee.  That kind of day. 

I'm thinking to do them tonight, and decorate tomorrow morning. My schedule got all messed up, as the event for the cake got moved up from next Thursday, to this Friday. Sacrifices will have to be made - I will not have enough time to do some of the planned decorations.

I don't like it, when things get changed, but it happens, I guess. As long as it is clear that with date change, there might be design change, right? I already have quite a few things going on this week, so I cannot move stuff around to find enough time to fit everything in... 

Below is my OP. 

Please remind me a shelf-life of an buttercream&fondant covered RKT decoration. A "wooden plank" in this case, so just a flat RKT "board", about 13"X3"X0.7" dimensions + fondant and BC on one side... I am scheduling a bunch of stuff, cake-making schedule included, and am confusing myself already. If I make it today (Tuesday), cover it with bc and fondant today (or tomorrow), and refrigerate -  will it be OK Friday afternoon/evening? 

Thanks

Read more at http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/829121/rtc-make-ahead#0JmKBI8BbYOlzpoy.99

Read more at http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/829121/rtc-make-ahead#0JmKBI8BbYOlzpoy.99

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Apr 2016 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 2

no worries -- i give you the same answer as previous -- you'll be fine with it -- yes designs need to change too sometimes -- and if this is a paying gig they need to be aware of that in advance for your own sake -- to cya

hate it when my schedule gets all jammed up like that -- sorry that happened

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%