Help Pricing A Pull Apart Cupcake Cake???

Business By Maddie.mifsud Updated 4 Apr 2016 , 4:37pm by BeeBakes

Maddie.mifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maddie.mifsud Posted 3 Apr 2016 , 1:33am
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone, 

I am in the process in pricing up a cupcake cake for a bridal shower. I am very new to selling my sweets and would like some guidance on how to price it up ... any tips ?

How much would you usually charge per cupcake with simple, medium and difficult designs on top?
How much for a cupcake cake?
Is it usually just the price per cupcake PLUS the cost for ingredients?

Thank you so much in advance
Madelaine
xox

1 reply
BeeBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBakes Posted 4 Apr 2016 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 2

hi. 

i price my cupcakes seperately from any toppers. i have a base price for dozen/cupcakes and more if they are filled ones.

i price per topper and decide what is easy or difficult and price accordingly. like say starting at .75 per topper and go up as design gets more intricate. (more colors, is it 3D, are some of the elements very small) remember more intricate design means more time for you to make each one.

you could also decide to do a mix of very easy and some more intricate designs to give a variety of looks and just give them a package price like say $15 for a dozen toppers mixed designs.

if you are doing a cupcake pull apart i suggest you also look at the cost of the board to place it on and keeping in mind you will need more frosting to fill in the little gaps between and also to set the cupcakes to the board. 

so i would suggest price = cupcakes+toppers+board cost+maybe extra if you are designing board (say you are doing princess dress; price for tiara and wand and bling, etc) 

hope that helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%