Ordering Fondant Online

Decorating By 1tyty Updated 15 Mar 2016 , 1:36pm by GeminiBaker

1tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1tyty Posted 14 Mar 2016 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 8

I used to make fondant but I just don't have the time anymore, I then started buying the Duff fondant from Michaels and they stopped selling it, I bought the cake boss fondant from Michael's once and it was horrible, and I won't even think of covering a cake in Wilton ( I do use it or decorations though), so I decided to work on my smooth butter cream method and while I am happy with it so far, I have just stopped using fondant all together, but some cakes require fondant, when I go to order it online the price for shipping is ridiculous, I have found a website that has reasonable pricing, I am hoping someone else has ordered from this site, if so how does it taste, are the colors accurate, what do you think??? 

http://www.marshmallow-fondant.com/

7 replies
GeminiBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiBaker Posted 14 Mar 2016 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 8

I use cake craft from amazon.com works very well. tastes great. colors are great

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2016 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 8

i know you specified online but -- can you locate a 'restaurant depot' in your area -- you have to register and use your tax id and  business license bladeebla -- or any other food wholesaler that sells to the public? we have a gordon foods here that i like -- i can just call in my order drive up there and they have it ready -- but i'm lucky to be in an area that has these places --

i've also ordered fondant online before from ck's in indiana -- you have to register with them too -- and there's another place...can't remember the name -- has all the massa fondants...

meringuecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meringuecakes Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 8

Great question.  I am in the same boat.   I would love to have an alternative online source.  I find myself resorting to Wilton because there is no other reasonable priced option.  If I feel like I could easily spend 50% more per ounce online because of shipping.  I will go to Hobby Lobby or Michael and use the 40% off coupon just because it is the cheapest option.  

GeminiBaker Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 12:52pm
post #5 of 8
1tyty Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 12:52pm
post #6 of 8

meringuecakes 

The Web link I listed above is pretty reasonable in price with no shipping over 20.00, with a 5lb bucket pricing at 20.00, 

-K8memphis

I don't have these depots in my area, I have looked it up.

GeminiBaker

I too looked up cake craft on Amazon, I may give it a try...

Thanks guys!

1tyty Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 12:58pm
post #7 of 8

GeminiBaker Not bad, I book marked the page, think I may go with it...

Thanks

GeminiBaker Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 8

I have used many of their colors and am very happy with it. The price is also hard to beat. It lasts a long time as well which is a plus if you don't use it all at once. We have some that is still good more than a month out now :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%