Wasc Recipe

Baking By Gkfurrow Updated 14 Mar 2016 , 5:52pm by kakeladi

Gkfurrow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gkfurrow Posted 13 Mar 2016 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 7

I am getting ready to make my first WASC cake.  I would like to know if the sour cream is used in place of the oil/butter.  Would it be okay to add a stick of butter?  Thank you in advance.

6 replies
sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 14 Mar 2016 , 1:09am
post #2 of 7

While not an expert I would say the full fat sour cream is acting like the oil as a fat.... The other thing about baking is that it is a science... while you might be able to change a few things and substitute it is all about balance.  If you are willing to face creating a total flop / and have to throw it away because it is uneatable  then change or substitute in your recipes.  Until you understand or know the balance in the recipe always follow it.  Tiny things like extracts/spices can be played with but your sugar/fats/levening agents ...flours need that balance level.    by the way a stick of butter is equal to 1/2 cup or fats... that's a lot of extra fat to throw in a recipe...

Gkfurrow Posted 14 Mar 2016 , 1:34am
post #3 of 7

Thank you for responding to my post.

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 14 Mar 2016 , 1:53am
post #4 of 7

Look here for Kakeladi's original wasc: The *Original* WASC cake recipe It works really well! And don't worry about box sizes, it works with the original 18oz boxes and the current 15oz sizes too.

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 14 Mar 2016 , 2:40am
post #5 of 7

She's right kakeladi's WASC is a great recipe... I call it Chicago Bakery wedding cake because my wedding cake from the '70's tasted exactly like that  and I love it.

Gkfurrow Posted 14 Mar 2016 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you all!  I'm looking forward to trying my firxzt WASC cake.  I appreciate you all  taking the time to respond to my post!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Mar 2016 , 5:52pm
post #7 of 7

So glad to see others jump into this thread until I could respond.  

Please, please do NOT add a stick of butter OR any other major changes.  The recipe is great (just perfect ) as it is.  You will never know just how wonderful it is if you go changing it around before even trying it just once.  If the recipe as posted wasn't so wonderful do you think so many people would be singing it's praises??  

Lynne/kakeladi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%