Chocolate Ganache

Baking By Mojo1210 Updated 13 Mar 2016 , 7:21am by jellybeanlane

Mojo1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mojo1210 Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 8

Need a little help...made a mlik chocolate ganache used it to fill inside the cake and to cover. Ganache was lovely to put on but when cutting into the cake the ganache in the middle was hard. Any one know what I'm doing wrong please. Thank-you 

7 replies
jellybeanlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jellybeanlane Posted 12 Mar 2016 , 1:51am
post #2 of 8

what recipe did you use? ratios?

Mojo1210 Posted 12 Mar 2016 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 8

900g of mlik chocolate and 300ml of double cream x

jellybeanlane Posted 12 Mar 2016 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 8

the recipe calls for 500g of semi-sweet choc to 1 cup of heavy cream  It's the one I use as well, maybe that's what the problem is? hope this helps

Mojo1210 Posted 12 Mar 2016 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 8

Thank-you will give that ago. Is it ment to be soft in middle when it's iced? What's the best chocolate to use when making ganache? I'm new to all this baking stuff and do it as a little hobbies. watch loads of video but never seem to get it right. Thank-you for your help ☺ 

jellybeanlane Posted 13 Mar 2016 , 12:33am
post #6 of 8

this recipe is for like a glaze, if you want it to be softer such as a frosting type ganache that you can spread or pipe you should add more heavy cream such as 2 to 1 ratio so for example, if would be 1 part choc 2 parts heavy cream make sure you let it set up and completely cool in the fridge before mixing up to spread or pipe and I use the semi-sweet choc chips make sure it is real choc and not imitation choc such as almond bark it want work well... I use Ghirardelli choc myself it's just my personal preference but you can use white, butterscotch, milk choc as well just as long as it's real choc...   

lovecakes52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecakes52 Posted 13 Mar 2016 , 1:54am
post #7 of 8

Jellybean,, I was curious, what ratio's do you use for white chocolate ganache ?

jellybeanlane Posted 13 Mar 2016 , 7:21am
post #8 of 8

@lovecakes52 ‍ I use the same amounts as I do for semi-sweet ... :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%