Cake Tasting-Baking Cakes

Baking By chocolatepearl Updated 11 Mar 2016 , 4:02am by Pastrybaglady

chocolatepearl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatepearl Posted 10 Mar 2016 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 2

So i have a bride that asked me to do her cupcakes for her wedding in October and she asked if i could do a cake tasting for her and her husband so they can decide on what flavors they want for the cupcakes. I am not a large business and so I am wondering what everyone does for cake tastings when it comes to baking the cakes?  Do you measure down and bake a smaller size? I just want to make sure I don't spend a ton of money just on a cake tasting. Thanks for your help!!

1 reply
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 4:02am
post #2 of 2

I had a couple who wanted a tasting so whenever I had an order I scaled the recipe up a bit and made a few square cupcakes from that batter and froze them.  I had a number of different cupcake orders around that time so I had a sampling of pretty much all the most popular flavors.  As it happened the couple broke up so we never got to the tasting, but I was ready without too much extra fuss.  In the end there were different events for which it was handy to have cupcakes already made, so all was good.  If I was to make the cupcakes from scratch I would be making 1/4 recipes to save on ingredients and possibly advertise a cupcake sampler pack for the rest.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%