Cake Designer Needed!

Business By poindextr Updated 15 Mar 2016 , 3:49am by poindextr

poindextr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poindextr Posted 5 Mar 2016 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all! We are a new cake startup and looking for a cake designer to create a few simple and fun lesson plans. These will be be step by step instructions on decorating a cake with professional tips and suggestions and a list of all necessary ingredients and tools.

This is a remote and freelance position!

Please reply with a small biography of yourself and send any links to previous works.

Thanks!

8 replies
johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 6 Mar 2016 , 7:56am
post #2 of 9

Are you looking to set up a new version of Wilton classes? In person class , online class or just idea pages to be printed (textbook)? 

poindextr Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 2:40am
post #3 of 9

Hello, 

Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't received a notification of a new message! We are looking for cake decorating lesson plans - the idea would be that at the end of the lesson you would have created a specific design (like a birthday cake).

Let me know if you're interested and we can discuss more!

Vcragwall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vcragwall Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 3:00am
post #4 of 9

Where is this for??

I might be interested.

poindextr Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 3:07am
post #5 of 9

Hello! This is a remote position, so you can do it where you have access to a computer :) We are looking to start out with a few simple lesson plans (they can be created in a Word Document, we have graphic designers that will edit them and make them look pretty) and add on as demand grows.

Let me know if you're interested!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 3:09am
post #6 of 9

Poin---- you do know that cake decorating is like penmanship. That is, the "teaching", "skills" and "tools" overlap a lot??? What you actually "write" (or in this case design) still builds on those basic skills. 

1. Bake cake... the same , regardless of design

2. Ice cake.....the same , regardless of design

3. Decorate. Different each time, but using the same basic skill set and tools. 

Sorry, I am just not sure of the knowledge base you are coming from....

Vcragwall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vcragwall Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 3:27am
post #7 of 9

I taught cake decorating for Wilton for 3 years at Michael's and also at Hobby Lobby craft stores. I have my own cake business now from my home for past 12 yrs. ;-) 

poindextr Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 3:43am
post #8 of 9

Hi Vcragwall, awesome! I will send you a PM so we can chat more.

poindextr Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 3:49am
post #9 of 9

Hi Johnson, Thanks for the insight! I have plenty of knowledge :)  Each lesson will incorporate basic cake baking and decorating tips and techniques, along with whichever specific technique will be used to create that design. Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%