Help On Display Ideas!!!

Business By MagicMoon Updated 26 Feb 2016 , 7:51pm by -K8memphis

MagicMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MagicMoon Posted 24 Feb 2016 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 5

I'm doing a sculpted cake for a non-profit event. It's a silent auction where entries are displayed on tables. There's a sheet of paper where people write their increasing bids to win each entry. Picture a fairly packed community center with families milling around between the tables looking at all the goodies. I have no idea how to display it where it can be seen and enjoyed but protected. I'm getting that panicky "what have I gotten myself into" feeling. Eeek!  Any ideas appreciated!!

4 replies
MagicMoon Posted 25 Feb 2016 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller...Bueller.....

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2016 , 11:20am
post #3 of 5

i  wrap my auction items in clear food safe cellophane -- you can gather it up in a ribbon at the top , side or back -- or fold it around like wrapping a package -- hobby lobby type stores sell this

MagicMoon Posted 26 Feb 2016 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you @-K8memphis ‍ for your help! That was my first thought -the kind used for baskets and shrinking with a hair dryer. My only other idea was to make a plexi glass box with a hinged panel. I used plexiglass pieces to section off a lizard tank once and it wasn't difficult but I can't remember the cost or even where we got it. And that was a few pieces put into an existing tank. I was thinking I could reuse the box for deliveries too. Of course it might be a lot more difficult than I'm imagining. That's how I got into cake -my famous "Oh sure, I can do that it wouldn't be that hard." response. Hahaha! Of course it was beyond hard and that cake never made it to a party! I'm thinking the cellophane is a better idea! Thank again for always being there to help us all!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2016 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 5

thank you, magicmoon, very sweet of you -- i asked my friends if they saw my lv purse cake at one of our silent auctions or the chocolate chessboard? and they said no... i'm thinkin' wha-at? because they saw 'a purse' and a 'chessboard' the cellophane did not even factor into it -- i love foolin' people and making cake/edible sculptures aka trompe l'oeil --

best to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%