Late Customers All The Time!!!

Business By Queensweet Updated 6 Feb 2016 , 3:04pm by -K8memphis

Queensweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Queensweet Posted 5 Feb 2016 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 6

Hey everyone!

I am getting more and more frustrated with RUDE people who always show up late. I have even started to message people to remind them, which I shouldn't have to do. I'm waiting on a customer right now who when I messaged her was still at work because she forgot! I've had people show up hours later, and when I called them they just said they were still running errands?!?! 

So what I want to know is is there anything you guys do to keep this from happening? I wrote on my page requesting people show up on time but I know that won't really make a difference. I'm tired of being treated like a doormat. I have things to do too. But at the same time I don't want to lose customers. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sara

5 replies
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 5 Feb 2016 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 6

I give them a one hour window and tell them I am leaving after that so if they do not pick up their cake during that time they will not be able to get it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2016 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 6

i made it an appointment either noon or 6pm -- this made it easier for me too with my schedule -- instead of having random times to have to be around -- so if they needed their cake for 10:30 am they needed to pick up at 6 the day before -- but i delivered a lot too

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 5 Feb 2016 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 6

I deliver all my cakes.  There is no way I'm sitting around waiting for someone to show up at my house.  I set up a delivery date and time upon order and then I don't have to think about it.  I also never have to worry about them destroying the cake on the way home.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 Feb 2016 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 6

Take a credit card to have on hand for late charges, and tell them that for every 15 minutes they're late, there's an extra $20 fee. They'll get there on time.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Feb 2016 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 6

...and you won't have to worry about dealing with them ever again -- win win hahahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%