How To Use Half An Egg For Baking An Cake

Baking By arrira Updated 2 Feb 2016 , 10:38pm by arrira

arrira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arrira Posted 1 Feb 2016 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 6

Please help me. I need help in figuring out how to use half an egg in baking a cake. I need to bake an 11x15x2 sheet cake for a party. Its a white vanilla cake recipe. The recipe which uses 7 egg whites and 1 whole egg for two 8 inch round cake and i am planning on using  1 1/2 times the ingredients( so will be using 1 whole egg and 1/2 an egg) so that i can bake in a 11x15x2 pan. I usually double the recipe so that i can get good layers. But for this cake i am planning to use ombre effect of white-light pink - dark pink in 3 layers and would like to not have very tall layers. 

Thank you

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2016 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 6

just toss it in there won't hurt a thing -- but what i do is beat the egg and i think for a large egg  i use two tablespoons of the mixture but just measure out how many tablespoons there are and use half of that --

best baking to you

arrira Posted 1 Feb 2016 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks a ton k8memphis. Just for my understanding,  If i use a whole egg do i need to increase or decrease other ingredients?

TIA

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 12:01am
post #4 of 6

I would just use either the white or the yolk of that extra egg.  Use the white if you want it as white as possible, if it's okay cream colored use the yolk plus you'll get a richer flavor.  I always have extra yolks lying around so I would use that.

annagon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annagon Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 12:08am
post #5 of 6

You can also beat it lightly and weigh it on a kitchen scale.  Just use half of the beaten egg.

arrira Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for the responses.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%