Mixing Flavorings

Baking By momd68 Updated 22 Jan 2016 , 8:35pm by Pastrybaglady

momd68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momd68 Posted 21 Jan 2016 , 8:13am
post #1 of 7

What is everyone's favorite flavoring mixtures for buttercream?

TIA

6 replies
momd68 Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 12:13am
post #2 of 7

Anybody??

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 1:08am
post #3 of 7

Depends on what you like and flavor of cake. I personally prefer plain vanilla buttercream (mixed with powdered oreos). ;)

*Last edited by craftybanana2 on 22 Jan 2016 , 1:09am
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 7

i just wrote this in another post but yesterday i used white balsamic vinegar in my american buttercream :) i usually use buttermilk to get a little tang but mostly to tamp the oversweet so i was out of it and my husband had already been to the store a couple times in fact so i improvised and it worked great -- i also had a good glob of vanilla bean paste in there -- 

but i too mostly go vanilla or chocolate and make up any flavor variations with fillings and splashes (flavored simple syrup brushed on the cake layers)

bam

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 7

but it didn't taste vinegar-y at all -- just not cloyingly sweet -- tasted great

momd68 Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the replies.  But what would be your mix of extracts flavorings?   I haven't been on here in a while and at one time there were people doing a   mixture of extracts flavorings that tasted like 1 can't remember the name.  (vanilla, maybe lemon and something else??)  

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 7

Personally I like vanilla and almond, vanilla and lemon and vanilla, almond and lemon together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%