Cake Ball Rolling?

Baking By MagicMoon Updated 16 Feb 2016 , 9:18pm by MagicMoon

MagicMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MagicMoon Posted 16 Jan 2016 , 7:27am
post #1 of 7

I'm betting there's an answer here somewhere. Or at least a discussion about it.  But I read for hours and didn't see a clear consensus.  So here goes...

What is the most effective way to roll the cake ball/pop/truffles?  I was going to purchase the Easy Roller but found mixed reviews.  Do you just bite the bullet and roll them by hand?  Cookie scoop?  Mold? 

Any opinions appreciated! smiley.png

6 replies
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 17 Jan 2016 , 1:21am
post #2 of 7

Well, I guess it depends on how many you do.  I rarely do them so I just roll them by hand and it goes pretty quick.  If I had to do a lot, I would probably get a cookie scoop, scoop out all the dough(so they're the same size), them roll em round by hand.

Not sure you'll get a clear answer on this, haha!

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 17 Jan 2016 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 7

If you can invest in a cake pop roller, I definitely recommend it. Otherwise using a small cookie scoop will speed it up and allow you to create uniform balls. JMHO

MagicMoon Posted 18 Jan 2016 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 7
Thank you both for replying! It's usually more than I want to do by hand rolling. I have health issues that affect my hands and, well, energy too.  I tend to put off making them until I let cake waste and it drives me nuts to waste it.  So I'm looking for something to make quicker work of it.  When you say cake pop roller are you referring to the Easy Roller I mentioned or is there one out there I've missed? @LeanneW  

*Last edited by MagicMoon on 18 Jan 2016 , 6:03pm
LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 18 Jan 2016 , 6:13pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, I'm talking about the easy roller. Here is a tutorial we posted using it: http://www.cakecentral.com/tutorial/40478/fast-acorn-cake-pops-tutorial

It really is AMAZING!

I just saw they have multiple sizes so maybe you don;t need the big one?

http://www.shop.heavenlycakepops.com/

MagicMoon Posted 18 Jan 2016 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 7

Excellent.  I was confused by the myriad reviews I saw of the roller but I know sometimes A. We humans don't follow directions and then blame the person offering the help and B. Sometimes it's just too much for us to change the way we've done things in the past.  It did look like there were plenty of reviews from people who fell in love with it.  I tend to research a lot and just wanted to be sure before I spend that much.  I'll be getting it before Valentine's orders! Thanks so much for the help.  I've used CC to help me for years now and couldn't have grown as much as I have without it.  It's people like you that make it great!  heart_eyes.png  Many thanks @LeanneW  

MagicMoon Posted 16 Feb 2016 , 9:18pm
post #7 of 7

Just wanted to thank you @LeanneW for reccomending the Easy Roller! It is one of the easiest tools I've used. I don't know why anyone would give it a bad review unless they just can't follow instructions. It makes cake balls smooth and fast just like it promises. There wasn't even a learning curve -first try was perfect. No more wasted cake here!!!

Thanks again! bowtie.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%