Mini Cupcake Help

Baking By samho21 Updated 14 Dec 2015 , 9:55pm by bubs1stbirthday

samho21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samho21 Posted 14 Dec 2015 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, 

I have my first paid order (yay) for mini cupcakes but I'm having a major issue with the cupcake liners pulling away during cooling.. I have used 4 recipes and 2 types of liners, some are ok but some are pulling away badly... 

- All the recipes I'm using are cupcake recipes, not cake recipes.

- I don't think I'm under/over baking the cupcakes as they are moist and a toothpick comes out clean.

- I remove the cupcakes from the pan as soon as they're out of the oven and cool them on a rack.

- storing them in a tin box.

Wiggins 

any help would be greatly appreciated, either how to prevent this from happening, or (so I don't keep baking so many batches) how to fix the presentation problem if it does happen (I've tried removing the cupcakes from the liners and putting them into new ones but I still end up with a huge gap around the sides.

thanks

2 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Dec 2015 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 3

The issue is probably not your batter but your liners.  Try a different brand and see if that helps.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 14 Dec 2015 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 3

I had this problem too, I solved it by allowing the mini cupcakes to cool for a while in the pan.

I think when you remove them straight away they cool so quickly that the cake shrinks rapidly and pulls off the liner, when you leave them to cool for a bit in the tray (not completely or the wrappers will go soggy I find)  that they cool slower and give the liner a chance to keep up as the cake shrinks.

I also find that I can't freeze them without having the wrapper pull away so if I plan to freeze cupcakes then I use the foil liners as they hold their shape so even if the cupcake pulls away from the liner it is not noticeable as the liner supports itself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%