Forum Withdrawal

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 24 Jan 2016 , 4:58pm by Magda_MI

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 11:14pm
post #31 of 53

Jackie has spent all of today attacking bugs, so it is actively being worked on.

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 11:44pm
post #32 of 53

@Heath  thanks noticed some other weird issues when logging in saying I was locked out for 24 seconds. It popped up as a red banner like the comment alerts do. It was really strange. I wasn't able take a screen shot of it as it faded quickly. I'm sure everything will get worked out soon :)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 11:50pm
post #33 of 53

@Webake2gether  I got the same thing for a couple of days, but today that had stopped. It said that suspicious activity had occurred on my ISP and I was locked out for a while. Then it let me right in. I didn't get that message today. Just wanted to let you know you're not the only suspicious one on here ;)

Heath Posted 12 Dec 2015 , 6:44am
post #34 of 53

Ok after a full day of programming Jackie believes the following things are all fixed:

1. Suspicious activity on this IP error is gone - this was just the server being confused due to a misconfiguration, there was no suspicious activity.

2. Photo uploads are working.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 12 Dec 2015 , 4:26pm
post #35 of 53

Thank you!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 12 Dec 2015 , 7:03pm
post #36 of 53

@Heath  as of this morning we are still unable to post pictures.  When you hit the button the screen darkens and nothing works.

Heath Posted 12 Dec 2015 , 11:47pm
post #37 of 53

@Pastrybaglady  I am having no problem uploading.  My image appeared immediately on the homepage under newest photos.

I am going to need more specific information such as your OS, browser, device , etc.

Please submit a support ticket so we can look at your specific scenario.

If others are having trouble with uploads from PCs or Macs (not mobile devices) please let me know.

Rohini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rohini Posted 13 Dec 2015 , 7:23pm
post #38 of 53

This is just to test if I can actually submit something here. The last time I tried I got Oops and a 404 error I think. So here goes!

Rohini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rohini Posted 13 Dec 2015 , 7:30pm
post #39 of 53

Yay! It worked!! :)    

Hi! I can't see my messages anymore. Every time I try I get a 500 server error. Have had this problem for quite some time now (maybe about a month) and I've sent two emails using the 'help' button. I've received two confirmations saying that the mails have been received but nothing after that and I still have the same problem. Is this a problem that can be solved? I really do hope so. Some feedback (actually any feedback) would be really really appreciated.

Cheers!

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 2:52am
post #40 of 53

@Heath  A suggestion to get rid of the spammers only doing threads with titles and no subject: limit the number of characters allowed in a Title. Say, 35-40 characters maybe? That would eliminate long strings of random characters. Also, to be able to report a post with no subject would help too. :)

And another thing to anyone else: I find that hitting the Refresh/Reload button in the browser after you hit the Submit button makes it so you can see your post, that may help with double posts. Not sure if it's because of script blocker or not, but either way that's how I've gotten it to work. :)

*Last edited by craftybanana2 on 20 Jan 2016 , 2:54am
Heath Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 8:32pm
post #41 of 53

Jackie rolled out a code update last night. 

User authentication has been updated this should hopefully address login issues, having to log in all the time, password recovery, etc.

We have an all new photo upload system.  You can now upload from phones.  We do not have an iPhone here so it has only been tested for Android.  Please let us know if you have an iPhone and cannot upload for some reason.  The new system also allows for multiple files to be uploaded.  There is also cropping functionality though it is not obvious.  We will be updating to make it clearer but, at least, uploading should work reliably now across devices.

If you are continuing to experience issues related to these two topics please go to help.cakecentral.com and submitted a support ticket so we can look into your specific situation.

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 9:32pm
post #42 of 53

receiving errors when trying to access forum menus 'ALL' and 'BUSINESS'...

ref URLS http://www.cakecentral.com/forum, http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/c/18/cake-decorating-business

this problem use to throw a '500 error'...now it shows a empty grey screen, with a single white text bar with "Whoops, looks like something went wrong." in it.

Heath Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 9:51pm
post #43 of 53

yep I just got it too, Jackie is looking into it now.

Webake2gether Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 10:05pm
post #44 of 53

I have an iPhone and I was able to upload one image although I did choose two images and the text I had typed did not show up just one of the photos I wanted to upload. New features are coming along nicely :)

Heath Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 10:08pm
post #45 of 53

@webake2gether  thank you for that feedback, very helpful.

Webake2gether Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 10:12pm
post #46 of 53

You are welcome!! Also I'm not able to use the show more button it displays the error message as described above but again figured it was a work in progress with the new features that have been added. However I was able for the first time delete a duplicate post I posted so that feature is working for me when it didn't before :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 10:43pm
post #47 of 53

sleeping.png i knew she was up late doing something because i was also up

looking for some cake posts to get my mind off my smiley.pnginsomnia hahaha

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 11:41pm
post #48 of 53

Amazing work! The site looks great now and its working perfectly for me (currently using a Macbook air running OS X El Capitan).

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 23 Jan 2016 , 1:15am
post #49 of 53

Big Thanks & More Fixes!

Hey everyone,  I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for all the feedback.. it really helps out, and helps me find and resolve problems as quickly as possible.

I rolled out a few more updates, just minutes ago to fix the 500 errors on the forum indexes that @virago ‍ had reported.

I also updated the pagination within a conversation, such as this one. Now when clicking on "page 2" it actually takes you to page 2 smiley.png

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 23 Jan 2016 , 3:36am
post #50 of 53

if I am understanding the term "pagination" in context of website development/functionality (had to do a quick google to educate myself), then I am now having a problem viewing my personal gallery and those of others...

I have 117 images posted to my personal gallery, 5 pages worth...viewing page 1 works as expected...but when I click on page 2, 3, 4, 5 the screen refreshes and the URL changes, but the page does not 'turn'...the same images are displayed. I have to manually refresh the page repeatedly, anywhere between 1-5 minutes, to get it to 'turn' (display correct page).

http://www.cakecentral.com/u/843433/virago/gallery

the below profile has 248 images posted to their gallery, 10 pages worth...same problems viewing her gallery pages 2-10.

http://www.cakecentral.com/u/895684/AnaRemigio/gallery

also, I joined this conversation 7 posts ago...but recieved more then 16 alerts notifying me of 'new replys' to it

*Last edited by virago on 23 Jan 2016 , 3:42am
Jackie Posted 23 Jan 2016 , 4:13am
post #51 of 53

virago, Thanks for letting me know about the bug with the page links.

The bug with proper pagination (aka - page links)  has been fixed in personal galleries, as well as the main galleries:

http://www.cakecentral.com/u/843433/virago/gallery?page=2

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/sort/fav/age/30?page=2

http://www.cakecentral.com/u/895684/AnaRemigio/gallery?page=4

As for the bug with notification, please see my PM

Jackie Posted 23 Jan 2016 , 4:39am
post #52 of 53

@virago ‍ I think I solved the problem with too many notifications.  It had to do with some backend queueing, that has now been fixed.  This bug was directly related to when you are @ mentioned in a post.  Not only has the multiple email bug been fixed, but now, you should not have received a "You were mentioned" email alert, because you are already receiving an email alert for the new post reply.  

This has been updated site-wide, so anywhere you are mentioned, you will NOT receive an email about it, if you are already being notified for another reason. 

Magda_MI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magda_MI Posted 24 Jan 2016 , 4:58pm
post #53 of 53

That was odd.  Just made a new post.  Tried to twice to edit the post, and while it said it had been edited, the changes didn't show up, even when I reloaded the page.  Made a comment to add the info I tried to add in the edit, and once the comment had posted, the original post edits showed up.  Deleted the comment, and tried to add another edit to the original post.  Same thing again.  Posted another comment (reading just "test") and the 2nd edit showed up.  Deleted test comment, but though this odd enough to mention here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%