Totally Loving This Cake!!!

Lounge By Webake2gether Updated 12 Nov 2015 , 8:51pm by Webake2gether

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 8

I had to share my joy in the one place I know I'd be understood. We are doing a cake for a local event. The cake will be auctioned and is a featured auction item of the night!! This event is called "ARTini" it's a fundraiser for an art gallery and it's martini themed at a local upscale bar/restaurant. We had complete creative freedom and wanted to incorporate the colors of the event and the martini theme all the while making it elegant to appeal to future clients for weddings and really show case what we offer. I'm hoping we nailed it!! I'm waiting on my banner to set up so I can complete the cake and take pictures. 

I love doing things that pull us outside the "cake" box. This cake is simple but I think that makes each color and element stand out. We didn't break the mold by any means or do anything that hasn't been done before lol but just really neat to see us branching out. I hope they love it and it comes out the way I have it pictured in my mind. Thanks for reading and sharing in my excitement . I'll post pics when it's all done :)

7 replies
Marie0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marie0616 Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 8

I'm excited....can't wait to see it!

Good luck!

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 8

So excited for you! Looking forward to seeing what you came up with! 

Webake2gether Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 6:10pm
post #4 of 8

Ok it's done!! Delivery is at 2pm so I'm hoping they like it!! The colors of the event are pink turquoise, and lime green.5644d6049cb24.jpegim doing my usual they will hate it routine now that it's done lol  

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 6:35pm
post #5 of 8

Wow! Love it. Especially the martini glass. It looks so real. What is it made of? Sugar? Or isomalt? Or what?

Webake2gether Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 8

No it's real. I didn't have time to create an edible martini glass. I found out Monday we were for sure doing the event so I bought one  I did make my own piping Gel for the "martini" part  

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 8

Oh okay...lol. Still, nice colours and very clean work. Wondering what type of piping gel you made. I normally use lemon juice, but would be fun in this case to use martini stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

Webake2gether Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 8:51pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks my husband did the fondant work. I bake the cakes he makes his icing to cover them he trims and stack too he does a bulk of the fondant work and I do the finishing touches. I did the banner and letters lol but he did the quilting and edible pearls. We're a team so the credit really is mostly his

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%