Fudge Help

Baking By smile22 Updated 6 Nov 2015 , 3:21pm by chikki

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 12:27am
post #1 of 5

does anyone make fudge i need some advice, i have this really old family fudge recipe that i make every year but the recipe calls that when the fudge is done i drop by teaspoon fulls onto wax paper so they can set when they set it looks like candy drops

well i wanted to also try and make some different fudge as well but using the rectangle pans like you see in the candy shops cabellas etc , what kind of pans do they use and sizes are they like the standard 9x13 cake/brownie pans? or are they smaller?  or are they special pans you have to buy 

also looking to see if anyone has a fudge recipe for cookies and cream and something with chocolate and mint for the holidays like a layered fudge

thanks

4 replies
pechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pechee Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 2:59am
post #2 of 5

I just use a regular 9x13 cake pan for my fudge.  I line mine with wax paper first. .  

Magda_MI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magda_MI Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 8:22am
post #3 of 5

My mom used to use an 8x8 pan for her fudge.  I suspect it depends on the size of the recipe.

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 5

ok thanks for the help 

chikki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikki Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 5

I line a brownie tin or two (depending on how much I make), I like it to be a bit thicker.  I love Jamie Olivers fudge recipe, you can dress it up.  I put sprinkles on the top or crumbled honeycomb in fall.  He has a mint chocolate recipe that reminds me of after eight mints/andes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%