Red Velvet Cheesecake

Baking By Kirstncook Updated 28 Oct 2015 , 11:15am by AnnieCahill

Kirstncook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kirstncook Posted 26 Oct 2015 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 8

I'm going to be creating my version of the cheesecake factory red  velvet cheesecake for my bosses Birthday. I need two layers of cheesecake but don't really want they another spring form pan. I was thinking of baking the cheesecake and freezing and cutting in half. Has anyone ever tried this with cheesecake before? 

7 replies
ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 26 Oct 2015 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 8

You don't have to bake cheesecake in a springform pan.  If you are using it as "filling"  I would just bake them in two regular cake pans lined with parchment paper.  After baking pop the cheesecakes in the freezer and when they cool they will come right out of the pan.  I don't think I would try cutting them in half, that could get pretty messy.  lol

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 26 Oct 2015 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 8

I had the cheesecake factory's red velvet cheesecake 5 years ago, so I can't remember it very well. Make sure your pan is deep enough,

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 27 Oct 2015 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 8

Bake them in two regular cake pans.  You don't need another springform.

Kirstncook Posted 27 Oct 2015 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 8

I'm going to bake 2 relatively thin cheesecakes and 2 red velvet I want 4 layers. I will just do it in regular cake pans. My next question though would be about the crust. I wouldn't think I would want a crust in there

AnnieCahill Posted 27 Oct 2015 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 8

No crust.  Bake it the same.

Kirstncook Posted 28 Oct 2015 , 3:08am
post #7 of 8

Parchment paper? 

AnnieCahill Posted 28 Oct 2015 , 11:15am
post #8 of 8

Yes grease and parchment and reduce the baking time if you're not doing the whole recipe in one pan.  You can use a waterbath if you want to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%