Help!! Need Help With Shaping A Money Bag Cake!!

Decorating By dyasia87 Updated 13 Oct 2015 , 12:33am by Brookebakescake

dyasia87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyasia87 Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 5

Hi guys so I received a last minute order for a money bag cake...what are your ideas on how to shape it???

4 replies
Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 5

carve a tall cake (maybe a double barrel), then form the fondant from the bottom instead of the top, gathering it up truly like a bag. Tie with a ribbon or a strip of plasit wrap until it sets.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 5

I did these like two stacked tiers, then carved it down to the teardrop-type shape. Cover it with the fondant and gather it like @Brookebakescake  said. The rope on it was made with fondant and the texture was a burlap texture mat pressed all over the surface. https://www.flickr.com/photos/acaketoremember/18767192363/

dyasia87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyasia87 Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 5

Oh wow thanks ladies!!!! @costumeczar   what size cakes did you do?? I was thinking of doing the bottom tier a round layer then on top maybe a bowl shape or just just mt wilton soccer ball  pan but only a halve

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 12:33am
post #5 of 5

I don't think you need a ball pan.  As CC mentioned, it's more of a teardrop than a rounded or ball top.  But whatever works best for you would work too! Post some pics when you're done, we'd love to see it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%