Which Is The Better Over For Baking Cakes - Electric Or Gas?

Baking By still_learning Updated 12 Oct 2015 , 9:16pm by -K8memphis

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 6

We are remodeling a kitchen and trying to keep a potential future baking business in mind. I have the choice of an electric or gas oven. I've always thought electric ovens are better for baking but I wanted to see what others thought or hear other experiences. Any info would be appreciated! Thank you!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 6

idk that there's much of a difference these days with all our great appliances -- you just want to get a good one whichever you choose -- 

earlier in my career i only baked with gas -- now i have an electric commercial oven and i love it -- my gas home oven is a dud -- one random particle of information is that our fire marshall here would allow me to bake in that electric oven without a hood -- now if i had doughnut fryers yes i'd have to have a hood but if i used induction burners for making cooked icing/fillings etc i could get away with out a hood -- random random 

then on the other hand when we have a power failure we can't use the gas oven/range at all because it has an electric starter for the burners --

so six of one half dozen of another

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 6

My home oven has an electric starter for the burners... You can still use it in a power outage... Use a match when you turn the gas on and it should light them... It does ours... 

-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 6

ours won't release any gas :( but we have a fireplace and a generator and it doesn't happen often

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 6

That sucks for you...  disappointed.png

The one plus to gas is to roast marshmallows when the power goes out... yum.png

-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 6

sniff

next time the power goes out i'm gonna think of you with the marshmallows hahahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%