Cookie Bakers

Baking By crumbcake Updated 8 Oct 2015 , 2:28am by craftybanana2

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 7 Oct 2015 , 4:08am
post #1 of 5

I have noticed some cookies with royal icing seem to be more  glossy/shinny than others, do you add anything other than the standard royal icing recipe?

4 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 7 Oct 2015 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 5

There is royal icing and then there is glaze.  The glaze is shinier.  Use the search function to find the glaze recipes.  I haven't tried it yet.

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 8 Oct 2015 , 12:24am
post #3 of 5

Pastry galaxy, I did see a glaze recipe, I believe it has corn syrup in it. Thanks

deb4cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb4cakes2 Posted 8 Oct 2015 , 12:34am
post #4 of 5

Yes the Corn Syrup icing is the way to go. I use the recipe from Karens Cookie website.  I have used that recipe heaps of times and it is great.

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 8 Oct 2015 , 2:26am
post #5 of 5

I've used a glaze before, but it's opaque unless you add white food coloring to it. That's the only draw back I had, that and it doesn't dry rock hard like royal icing does. I used the one by GeminiRJ on here: http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/681224/cookie-icing

In place of the white food coloring (that I can only find online) I used that Wilton cookie icing since it is really thin and bright white. It comes in a bottle at the grocery store (kinda looks like a glue bottle you use in school, ha ha).

*Last edited by craftybanana2 on 8 Oct 2015 , 2:28am

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%