Cupcake Bouquets

Baking By Cathywilson Updated 3 Oct 2015 , 2:45am by johnson6ofus

Cathywilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathywilson Posted 25 Sep 2015 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 9

What are people using to cover their cupcake bouquets for delivery. I am using the large cellophane gift bags but these do not work well. Looking for any ideas to help! Thank you

8 replies
Cathywilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathywilson Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 9

Really need help with this one, please let me know if anyone out there has advise!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 9

Cathy~~Unless you wish to spend more on packaging, those cellophane bags are probably your best bet.  Packaging and delivery of cupcake bouquets is a booger! 

I taught a class about 2-3 years ago and it took me a long time to find a cost effective method of packaging for cupcake bouquets. 

If you are only doing a few as a hobby baker, I can provide some help in getting something that is "good enough".  However, if you are doing this as a business and making 5 to 10 a week and charging premium pricing ($80 or more per 7 cupcake bouquet), then you can roll the cost of purchasing and storing larger amounts of the packaging into the cost of the bouquet.

Professional, sharp packaging is often more expensive than the cost of the cake or cupcakes inside the packaging.  A perfect example is the franchise company, Nothing Bundt Cakes.  Take at look at their images on google and you'll see that they've nailed packaging!  However, they also order in huge bulk orders and have to store that stuff to get the less expensive price.

Let me know if you are a hobby baker or if you are selling at premium prices, and we'll go from there.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 30 Sep 2015 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 9

Apti--- I'd love to hear your "good enough" method. I've only made a few and only as gifts, but they are always a problem.

Apti Posted 1 Oct 2015 , 6:40am
post #5 of 9
*Last edited by Apti on 1 Oct 2015 , 6:43am
Apti Posted 1 Oct 2015 , 6:59am
post #6 of 9

Dirty word!!!  This stupid *&^%$# site just ate my long, detailed answer with photo.  AAAAAGH!

OK, moving on.......

Cheap way:  Get a free Priority Mailing Box from the post office.  Put it together and tape it.

Measure the bottom of your cupcake bouquet pot.  If it is 3" across, then cut an X in the middle of the box which is on its side and put the pot in there.  It's just like a floral delivery box.

You can also use gift/shirt boxes from the Dollar Store, but they aren't as sturdy.

BEST way:  Order the Basket Size Pop N Go Floral delivery boxes.  $31 for 50 boxes, including ground shipping.   This is the PERFECT size for a 6" terra cotta pot with 7 cupcakes.

http://www.floralboxsupply.com/products/basket-50-per-carton 

Apti Posted 1 Oct 2015 , 7:01am
post #7 of 9

Purchase at craft stores the 25”x22”x8” clear cellophane basket gift bag and put the entire floral box with cupcake bouquet inside, and tie off with a bow or tie.

Gonna try the photo again.  Wish me luck:

Apti Posted 1 Oct 2015 , 7:17am
post #8 of 9

Apparently you'll have to use your imagination...

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 2:45am
post #9 of 9

lol Apti. CC ate some of my replies too...lol

I get it! Thanks... makes sense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%