My Fondant Cake And Work!

Decorating By good36 Updated 30 Sep 2005 , 9:58pm by PinkPanther

good36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
good36 Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 9

I bring all my practice cakes to work so they can eat them. Today I brought in my first fondant covered cake. I bought the fondant at Michaels so I could try it. I told them I bought the fondant and how I did it. My boss was graciously eating her piece and quietly said....... can you make just regular frosting next time? LOL Everyone agreed "no more Fondant cakes". They thought it was beautiful but prefer the buttercream. Just thought I would share.
Judy

8 replies
angelcake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcake4u Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 9

Have you tried to make Marshmallow Fondant?

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 8:35pm
post #3 of 9

I also bring my cakes to work. Today I brought my Class III final cake (see photos), and I used MMF for the first time. It's all gone. One lady said I should patent the recipe for MMF, and I told her unfortunately, it was somebody else's recipe. By the way, they didn't really like the Wilton fondant either.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 9

LOL..at least you know you can count on an honest opinion!

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 9

Wilton fondant is absolutely vile stuff, even if it is now made in England, as someone posted. (Maybe we're still seeing the old stuff?) But all fondant is not alike. FondX is OK. Pettinice is very good, and I've heard SatinIce is very good as well, though I haven't yet tried it. If you ever have a design that needs fondant, try it again sometime in the future with a better product and you might change your mind. I know lots of people who like it.

Oh, there is a product called ChocoPan which is fondant that is made with white chocolate. I've never used it, but it is supposed to be wonderful.

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 2:14am
post #6 of 9

I Suggest giving MMF a try before you give up on fondant. And trying adding melted chocolate to it it's yummy and great to work with!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 2:19am
post #7 of 9

I haven't made it with chocolate yet. Misdawn raves about MMF with choc. I bet it is good!! I like the shine that MMF has. The store bought fondants are too expensive. I would rather save money then buy that stuff. I'm sticking with MMF icon_smile.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 2:26am
post #8 of 9

Just wanted to add that I add white chocolate to my MMF. It tastes so yummy!

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 9:58pm
post #9 of 9

Haha! My co-workers do the same thing. I tell them just peel it off and enjoy the BC underneath! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%