Why I Link

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 3 Oct 2015 , 10:27am by datewithacake

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 11:46am
post #1 of 26

Some of you may be wondering why I link to so many blog articles and videos...It's because I've been blogging about cakes and cake business for the last 5 years or so, and my youtube channel is full of random stuff that I work on here and there. So it basically comes down to me being lazy and not wanting to rewrite something ninety times. It's easier to just link to things since the same questions come up a lot. One particularly rude person made a nasty comment about me linking so much, but she just likes to write long posts to yell at people and she doesn't write a blog to reference herself, so she can go pound sand.stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

25 replies
costumeczar Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 11:46am
post #2 of 26

And no, the rude person isn't on here anymore as far as I know, so don't worry about it.

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 26

I personally love the links to outside resources. Writing a response off the top of my head, I may leave out something, but if someone has blogged about a topic, they thought about all aspects of the topic and took their time writing the article (or at least I do) so you get a more comprehensive response. Plus, it offers an additional source of information I may not have been aware of before - some of my favorite blogs I found only because someone linked to them.

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 12:07pm
post #4 of 26

Keep on linking no complaints here!! It's kind of you (and everyone else) to take the time to respond at all. Any source of information is welcome in my book!!

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 26

I have found your links useful. It is people's choice whether to look at them or not.

mccantsbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccantsbakes Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 26

Kara,

your info/advice/perspective/links are awesome.    Link away lady

Nancylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancylou Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 3:29pm
post #7 of 26

Yes, keep on linking - blogs, videos ... they are all so helpful.

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 26

agree! Super helpful!

dgonzalez227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dgonzalez227 Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 6:35pm
post #9 of 26

link away, i hate the people who have to give rude comments like why sit there and have to think of rude things to say to hurt someones feelings 

link away 

thats why i love this site haha =) grin.png

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 9:51pm
post #10 of 26

@costumeczar  You're blog site is brilliant, I've learned so much from your 'links'`~~ thank you for all of your guidance.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 10:09pm
post #11 of 26

Personally, I think CostumeCzar is a GOD. 

Gods are allowed to link as they please. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 12:14am
post #12 of 26

i think your blogging and videos are great -- has become quite a body of work -- linking us to it is only natural and appreciated --

and I would hope all the untoward ghosts of cake central past stay far away from our minds and from here -- answering detractors give them too much credence/attention/importance --

your magnum opus is quite impressive -- i expect to hear about your next book deal any day now

best to you as always

Apti Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 5:26am
post #13 of 26

God has a magnum opus?????   Details, want details!!

costumeczar Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:46am
post #14 of 26

I'm not God, make no mistake. And today I'm not even in a pleasant mood because my cat fell down the stairs yesterday and has screwed up my schedule since he can't use his back leg and I have to be his nursemaid. I got about two hours of sleep last night because I had to close him in my room so that he wouldn't try to go downstairs again like the dummy he is, and he spent all night sliding around and waking me up. My husband is out of town and i was looking forward to a good night's sleep with no snoring and I get a gimpy cat instead worried.png

costumeczar Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:47am
post #15 of 26

I need to make him one of those little carts with wheels for the back legs.

-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:50am
post #16 of 26

poor baby kitty -- is it a permanent injury?

costumeczar Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 1:22pm
post #17 of 26

I  hope not but it might be. Time will tell. 

Apti Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 5:28pm
post #18 of 26

So sorry about your cat.  I hope it gets better. 

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 6:31pm
post #19 of 26

Whew - I thought Costumeczar was talking about me, but I guess not. I'm almost disappointed. I'm going to start writing really long posts and yelling at everyone.

costumeczar Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 7:16pm
post #20 of 26

Jedi knight, never you, oh no. If you start yelling at people and posting long posts I'd think you had lost your mind or something. Short and sweet.

*Last edited by costumeczar on 9 Sep 2015 , 7:20pm
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 8:10pm
post #21 of 26

Jedi, I love your snappy little one liners.  They're always appropriate to the thread :)

Love the links too.  I'm a total tutorial, video, blog junkie....seriously...it's sad...can't get enough of em.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 6:32am
post #22 of 26

In the other cat thread there was a science lesson about how being a cat lady is the result of a parasite and now I learn here a cat can fall down the the stairs?!!!  How does that happen?  Poor kitty and poor kitty mama.  Hope you both feel better soon!

costumeczar Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 12:38pm
post #23 of 26

This cat can fall down the stairs because he's an idiot. But he's smart enough to make me his servant, so whatever...

-K8memphis Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 12:35pm
post #24 of 26

so just for the record , the cat record -- had to take Rocco back to the vet for another roto rooting -- this has been our norm with him for years -- don't know where you are at in the process -- like I said he's on two prescribed meds plus several special diet foods and we added a new one which will replace some of the others -- it's Great! -- and wanted you to know --

you may already have your cat on it -- but it's called 'royal canin' brand 'gastrointestinal' -- probably has to be prescribed -- don't know for sure but there's a remarkable difference with this kibble -- we soften it with a bit of water and we get it from the vet -- really happy to find something so helpful in lieu of surgery

so I hope 'gimpy' is doing 'loads' better -- was thinking about him

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 28 Sep 2015 , 12:40pm
littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 2:17pm
post #25 of 26

I really appreciate your comments and links. I love how a costumer, Jedi and others are honest but not rude.  It can be a pain in the butt when a pet  is not completely mobile because they don't know to take it easy which makes extra work for us humans

datewithacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
datewithacake Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 10:27am
post #26 of 26

Please keep linking! And hope ur cat gets better soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%