" Pyo" Paint Your Own Cookie Help!

Decorating By dgonzalez227 Updated 11 Sep 2015 , 3:00pm by dgonzalez227

dgonzalez227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dgonzalez227 Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 5

I watched montreals version since she has started this , she uses an airbrush, but i do not own a air brush machine.

so i am confused at how to get my gel colors onto the pallet i painted the gel directly onto the cookie but it seemed thick and didn't dry so then i tried to water it down like suggested using lemon clear extract, it dried better but im trying to find alternatives because it didnt seem like they would dry in time to put in packaging.

any suggestions??

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 5

what about dabbing it on with a paper towel or something -- is there such a thing as a sanitary brand new sponge? probably not -- but I'd suggest that you continue with the alcohol +color somit has a chance to set up--

no I got it -- edible ink markers! americolor gourmet

dgonzalez227 Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 5

i have the markers they are pretty cool :)

for the outline of the dinosaur i use Royal icing i have another post on here lol

but the paint pallet i wonder if I need or/ can use regular gel colo?

if i do  use regular gel colors do i add alcohol or extract to make it think like airbrush?

i saw people use these round sponge dabbers they are so cool but i dont know if normal gel colors is what i should be using 

i pray these airbrush spray cans  from wilton work.) 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 5

you are so persevering -- I hope this works out wonderfully for you -- if you do the alcohol + paint it has to be mother henned a bit because the alcohol evaporates in short order and you have to diddle with it a bit as I'm sure you already know --

BEST to you! 

dgonzalez227 Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 5

only had a kids paintbrush 

then got a sponge brush but i had already made half the colors so sloppy using a paint brush

i wish i had those round dabbers hehe 

55f2ec8a5a940.jpeg55f2ec8b6f74a.jpeg55f2ec8c65124.jpeg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%