Discounting Cakes

Business By goldiesgoodies Updated 5 Sep 2015 , 2:17pm by -K8memphis

goldiesgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldiesgoodies Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone, 

I was curious what you usually do when I comes to discounting cakes for clients you know/ related too. I was thinking of giving 15% off but didn't know if that sounded right. Answers are greatly appreciated !

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 4

I wouldn't do discounts for people I know just because I know them, unless they were my best friend. It gets tricky because when you discount for people you know they'll start asking you to discount for this person or that person and you'll be stuck in a position of having to say no, or lose money. 

I tell people the only people who get free cakes are the person who gave birth to me and the people I gave birth to. You might want to stick with discounts only for immediate family (your siblings etc) and keep full price for friends. Honestly, most people who are good friends won't want a discount, and your friends and family will probably go somewhere else to get cakes most of the time anyway. They'll either not want to inconvenience you by having you do it, or they'll just want to be passive-aggressive, depending on who they are.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 1:45pm
post #3 of 4

"They'll either not want to inconvenience you by having you do it, or they'll just want to be passive-aggressive, depending on who they are."

so true -- made me laugh out loud

facepunch.png

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 5 Sep 2015 , 1:46pm
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 4

and i do not discount to anyone -- i do free for immediate family only

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%