How Much???

Business By cassiepittman07 Updated 31 Aug 2015 , 9:50pm by -K8memphis

cassiepittman07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassiepittman07 Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a 12" round cake with ivory rosettes.  Very easy cake to make.  How much would you charge someone for this cake?  It will be a 12" round with 2 layers of cake.

THanks.. 

3 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome to the forum!  Unfortunately, there is no way anyone on this forum can provide an answer because there are too many variables (let alone which country you may call home).   Here is an excellent article (from a USA software company that specializes in cakes) that may help with pricing:

http://www.cakeboss.com/Cake-Stuff/Articles/How-Much-Should-I-Charge

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 4

Well, a 12" round will serve 45-56 people, depending on the cutting chart you're looking at. So whatever your base serving price (if you think it will be easy to make and don't charge anything other than your base price) X 50 servings for argument's sake would be the price.

I have a $500 minimum so for me it would be $500. Plus tax. Your price will depend on your per-serving price if you do it that way.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 4

i would charge about five bucks a serving -- I would suggest that you charge a little more than your nicest local bakery plus obey all your local laws & regulations regarding selling cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%