Cupcake Preferences

Baking By Jeff_Arnett Updated 18 Aug 2015 , 6:46am by julia1812

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 12:06am
post #1 of 9

For those of you who make standard sized cupcakes, I'm curious about your preferences.  Do you prefer:

1.  Cupcakes that bake to the top of the liner (flat) or baked domed (mushroom like)?

2. Do you prefer regular height liners (11/4 inch tall) or extended height liners (13/8 to 11/2 inch tall)?

3. Do you like a large piped mound of icing, or a smaller amount (like a spatula swirl)?

*Last edited by Jeff_Arnett on 18 Aug 2015 , 12:08am
8 replies
SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 12:30am
post #2 of 9

1. I don't like the cupcakes to be flat, but I don't like a huge dome either, so an in between is perfect for me.

2. I prefer regular height liners, it's what I always use.

3. Not sure if this is considered a large amount, but this is the general amount of icing I put on top: http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3347998/sprinkled-cupcakes

dderiggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dderiggs Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 12:39am
post #3 of 9

I like my cupcakes with a slight dome, with a nice swirl of icing on it, and in the regular height liners.

Cake-orations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-orations Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 12:48am
post #4 of 9

It depends on the look you want and what you are going to do with the cupcake for decoration. For just a plain cupcake, I like a little dome and a generous amount of icing swirled in regular height liners.

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 12:48am
post #5 of 9

I prefer a slight dome to my cupcakes, regular liners and I like a decent amount of icing what @SweetShop5  posted is also the same amount I use and prefer to have on them when I eat them which isn't often anymore lol. 

TheresaCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheresaCarol Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 1:52am
post #6 of 9

I like a slight dome, regular liners and smaller swirl but covering the entire top of cupcake.  I am always afraid the cupcake will dry out hence the covering of the top.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 2:13am
post #7 of 9

I like a rounded top where he highest point is maybe an inch over the liner and a modest swirl of icing that covers all the surface area.

Norcalhiker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norcalhiker Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 3:57am
post #8 of 9

Normally a flat top.  

I'm in the moderate icing camp.  I believe there should be a balance between the cake and icing.  Too much icing and the cake is lost.  I believe eating dessert shouldn't leave one feeling stuffed and overwhelmed; rather is should be just enough sweetness to satisfy.  

But of course kids feel differently.  A friend's 6 yr old daughter simply eats the icing, tosses the cupcake in the trash, then promptly announces she done with her cupcake and may she please have another.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 6:46am
post #9 of 9

Slightly doomed top, regular height and "normal" amount of icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%