Pricing On Cupcakes!

Business By Emmalee. Updated 22 Jul 2015 , 6:32am by Emmalee.

Emmalee. Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmalee. Posted 20 Jul 2015 , 5:05am
post #1 of 7

Hi ladies I'm new here! I was just wondering what you would all charge for a single cupcake example- choc mud cupcake with Nutella buttercream a Ferraro rocher on top and drizzled with ganache 

thanks! 

6 replies
Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 20 Jul 2015 , 5:23am
post #2 of 7

I would never do a single cupcake. Our minimum order is one dozen.

If I sell a single cupcake what do I do with the rest?

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 20 Jul 2015 , 8:48am
post #3 of 7

That depends on your location. Prices differ a lot! If you sell single cupcakes in a shop or at a fair (which I wouldn't do cause it's more work and costs packing them - 4 would be my minimum) I would charge around 2$ per cupcake. Buy other people charge 4$ or more...work out your ALL your costs and see what works in your area.

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 20 Jul 2015 , 10:52am
post #4 of 7

I think a lot of people who are lost on pricing don't think about how any other business does pricing. Figure.out your cost. This includes all ingredients, supplies (the ferrero richer, the wrapper), don't forget labor time to pay yourself.   Now, typically you'd times that number by 4. Then to sell wholesale, you times the number by 2 and you're still able to make money. 

Baking is a business, just like anything else. Your cost might be very different than someone else's. You need to know exactly what the things are costing you before you can know what to charge for them. 

Emmalee. Posted 20 Jul 2015 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks ladies! I have a set price of $5 per cupcake but was just wondering what you all charge to see if I was too expensive :) I have a minimum of 4 also :) 

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 22 Jul 2015 , 4:07am
post #6 of 7

You turn on the oven and bake for a $20 order (4 cupcakes)?

Emmalee. Posted 22 Jul 2015 , 6:32am
post #7 of 7

@johnson6ofus 

I bake because I love baking, it's not my sole income so yes I will turn the oven on and bake a whole batch of cupcakes usually around 40 and I will sell all of them in groups of 4! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%