Tres Leches Speciality Flavors

Baking By SweetDesire88 Updated 8 Jul 2015 , 3:55am by SweetDesire88

SweetDesire88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDesire88 Posted 5 Jul 2015 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 3

Hey, bakers. I have to say that I love to have my home business. But I am running out of cake flavors. My business is mainly Hispanic community. So I use whipping cream and fresh fruits. I am wondering if any you have a speciality favors of tres leches or a favor you most sell. My speciality tres leches flavor at piña colada, pecan, and coconut. Thank you in advance. 

2 replies
remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 7 Jul 2015 , 4:48am
post #2 of 3

I like to make tres leche cakes also with real whipping cream and lots of fresh fruit!! I have never tried making it with other flavors.  Your flavors sound delicious!! I will be curious what other flavors people suggest.  

I tasted one tres leche cake recently from a latin american bakery at someone's birthday fiesta (North Charleston, SC) and the icing did not taste good at all. It was terrible.  The cake was so dry that neither me nor my husband could taste any milk soaked into cake. The people who bought the cake was also disgusted with the taste of it. The icing  tasted very old and was definitely not made from real whipping cream!! 

Since you deal with Hispanic community what is your opinion of what type of icing that these latin american bakeries use that looks like whip cream but is not? If this is bettercreme icing then I definitely do not like it.  Thank you for any information you might have on this subject. 

SweetDesire88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDesire88 Posted 8 Jul 2015 , 3:55am
post #3 of 3

I have to say that the "whipping cream" Latin bakeries use is oiled based or non dairy.  

Latin bakeries mainly use this oiled based cream because it can hold up in high temperatures for hours.

About the dry cake, when the cake it's baked it's always over baked. By the time the tres leches mixture is poured the cake is to dry to absorb the milk mixture. 

These are the reasons why I decided to bake my own cakes. 

Tres leches cake in my opinion aren't made to be left out for hours. The cakes it's self is delicate and plus you have fresh fruit in it.I always tell my customers about those issues and they are ok. What do you think about this?

I am in the process of making my new tres leches flavor, strawberry tres leches. All of  my other flavors  have been a hit. 

What about you, what kind of flavors you do with tres leches? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%